Security at Bendigo Council has been tightened following an incident Wednesday night when a member of the public attempted to publicise an offensive message from the gallery.
The 49-year-old activist who described himself as a “Bendigo ratepayer” was confronted by security and eventually removed after entering council brandishing a sign that read, “DIVERSITY = DEATH TO BENDIGO.”
Witnesses recall hearing the man say “So the sign’s offensive? Offensive to who?” before being told “let’s go” by the guard who retrieved the hand-printed sign at great personal risk.
However, the man resisted, telling the guard in front of horrified members of the public, “No, I’ll not just go. I’m a ratepayer of Bendigo!”
It is then reported he wrested the sign from the guard and showed it to a startled spectator asking, “Look at that one! Is that offensive?”
The elderly gentleman was partial-sighted and thought the sign read, “UNIVERSITY TO BED WE GO.”
Nervous members of the public were then blasted by the crazed man who shouted “You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves!” in a voice that wasn’t a shout.
“Come on,” instructed the guard, shooing him along.
“We’re awake up to your agenda!” he called back to the gallery.
Town planner Prue Mansfield had to be treated by the tea-lady after witnessing the message, which is reported to have triggered deep sympathies for Holocaust victims.
Once at the entrance doors, the man further became belligerent, refusing to follow orders until he was eventually bundled out. Council said it’s not the first serious confrontation involving the man, who had previously used signs to traumatize members of council.
Town planner Prue Mansfield had to be treated by the tea-lady after witnessing the message, which is reported to have triggered deep sympathies for Holocaust victims. The incident resulted in her leaving work earlier than usual.
Others present spoke of dodging serious injury as they missed seeing the sign by inches. Beryl Munter recounted, “The signs were facing the front, so I couldn’t see. But when the guard seized the hand-stencilled placard, I nearly saw the printed words. Luckily, the man got in-between us just in time to block my view.”
Others weren’t so lucky. Darryl Cuck, 68, is said to be “examining every area of his life” after failing to cover his eyes in time. He is now being badly looked after by his 29-year-old African caregiver and her family of 17, which he supports under threat of being hacked up with a machete.
The sign attack comes at a delicate time. Fears were raised to a code-rainbow level at council following the high court’s approval for the building of as many mosques as the proceeds of Middle Eastern crime can fund.
Council has previously backed the mosque and expressed its desire for hundreds more, which drew protests from far right-wing groups who follow Hitler, and collect human lampshades.
The sign attack comes at a delicate time. Fears were high at council following the high court’s approval for the building of as many mosques as the proceeds of Middle Eastern crime can fund.
Security was warned to prepare for dissident ratepayers being influenced by White supremacist groups on social media. They are cashing in on xenophobic sentiment following the Orlando attacks in Florida where a Moslem killed heaps of homos.
Bendigo Council has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to signs which read anything other than “GIVE MY HOME TO A REFUGEE AND SHOOT ME IN THE BRAIN BECAUSE I WAS BORN WHITE.”
While the guard is being hailed a hero, the sign-terrorist, believed to be a member of the baby-sacrificing Australia First Party, is described as an angry White man displaced by job-market changes.
He is also reacting to feminism, which has undermined his White male privilege.
The sign’s whereabouts are unknown.